Friday, April 11, 2008

6mo Observations

Andy had his 6 month check up on Wednesday, April 9. His new stats:
13 lb 5 oz,
25.5 in,
head circumference 43.3 cm.
Some recent pictures here.

There are some visible differences around the 6 month mark.
- He's feeding less frequently now, content with 2-3 hours in between instead of the 1.5 hours before. So he has more leisure time to explore.
- He's got better hand coordination now. He enjoys grabbing laundry when I fold.
- He makes his intention more clearly known. For example, he makes high pitched scream for things he wants (food mainly), and holds his arms out when he wants to be picked up.
- The most exciting difference, is that he is becoming more responsive to learning now. I showed him the talking blinking number buttons on the Exersaucer, and he just watched wide eyed, too timid to try. I turned around to make tea leaving him in the saucer. And guess what I heard? "Five", "Three", ... The talking buttons! It's like that with the jumpster Irene gave us too. I helped him bounce around and danced with him. He smiled and giggled. When I stopped, he started his own dance in it.

No comments:

Contributors