Friday, May 16, 2008

First Mother's Day

It felt strange that people were wishing me a happy Mother's Day. I was even putting down my mom's name on the line for "Mother's name" without a blink on the daycare application. It was only recently that I came to understand the feeling of motherhood better. On a jog one day I realized all of sudden how much I love this kid, how powerful the feeling of I'd do anything for this kid was. Before it was more of tending to him on a day-to-day basis and that it's been fascinating watching him grow. It's after 6 months now I started to think more about the next 18 years. I also came to understand my mom and other moms better and realized I shouldn't take her love for granted.

It was a little rainy at first and then turned sunny. My friend Bill at the drawing session even got me a gift and a sketch he did when Andy got on the model stand! We went to the Olympic Sculpture Park after drawing and discovered a community garden while walking from the parking spot to the park. Andy got carried away touching the flowers and wanted to pick the tulips and Calla lilies that we had to pull him away. He was also fascinated by the fountain at the base of the park. Pictures here.
Joe got me some coasters with Andy's pictures on them that were very special to me.

No comments:

Contributors