Wednesday, January 16, 2008

week 14

As soon as I complained about the eating spurt, Andy switched to the sleeping spurt, and soon he was back to normal.

Most notable development of the week:
- he slept through a whole night one time late last week, 11-6:30! I woke as usual around 3 and waited for him to wake up, but finally couldn't hold up and went pumping after an hour (he was still sound asleep). For the next few nights, we adapt to a new schedule of 11-4:30 or so with me pumping once around 1-2. So now I even build up a little pumped reserve that he gets an extra evening snack every day!
- We started the bedtime reading ritual. We always start with the "Snowman" book (it has fabric parts for touch), and then magazines. I'm amazed he always stays focused as I flip through the entire 150 pages of the "American Artist" magazine, even the ads pages. He's always eyes wide open, fascinated by the reading material. When my Parenting magazine comes, we read that too (and I point out cute girls).
- He developed a lot of hand movements. He is taking an interest in his hands, starting to differentiate the fingers or mimicking the hand gestures we show him maybe. He chews on an entire fist when he is hungry. Pictures here.

We had quite a bit of snow (by Seattle standard) Monday night. Tuesday was beautifully sunny and chilly. It feels like real winter. We went for a walk in the morning and he was fascinated by the white world. Pictures here.

No comments:

Contributors