Friday, July 4, 2008

Andy Showing Love

Andy is starting to show emotional maturity this week. Rebecca and Tristan came to visit on Tuesday. Rebecca helped me watching the kid while I got busy cooking up a storm for the youth shelter dinner. Rebecca told me that she pulled out a piece of veggie chip from the package and gave to Andy and later Andy took the pack himself and emptied out the chips on the floor! So I guess he understands the "Object Permanence" concept: he knows there are goodies in the bag even though not readily visible (picture). By the time I came over, Andy was sitting next to Tristan while Tristan getting changed. Then the amazing thing happened: Andy held out his half eaten chip and put it on Tristan's forehead. He repeated this gently several times. The intention to share was unmistakable. I was surprised that a baby is capable of such emotion at this age. See pictures.

No comments:

Contributors