Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Making Distance on the Floor

I was surprised to find Andy at the edge of the rug after a few minutes of self playing time (he was near the middle of rug at the start) on Wednesday (7/2). It looked like he had aimed for the new game of pulling the stroller brake. Did that mean he was crawling?! But I've never seen him crawl. A couple days later I had a conjecture of how he did it. He has been able to spin himself around 180 degree recently: he supports himself with two arms and turns by pivoting on his tummy. In the process of turning, he can pull himself forward a little. So he must have made a few turning maneuvers to make it to the stroller. I watched him doing such to move a couple feet on a later occasion. I learned babies have all sorts of ways of making movements before they crawl. Shelly told me her Sophie used to keep rolling herself to get to a destination.

No comments:

Contributors