Friday, July 4, 2008

Grandma Wang

I got to know this visiting Chinese grandma (Wang) in the neighborhood on a walk on Monday. Andy hit off with her really well (me too). I got to know her quite a bit on our walks. She shakes hands with Andy at the end of walks. Andy even held out one hand for her and grabbed her cheek on Wednesday. Andy never does this to other strangers. I asked her to babysit on Wednesday night when I had to go teach at the library. Andy was naughty and cried his heart out that almost got Grandma Wang cry. So she played with Andy all night. He greeted me with a big grin when I came back. I was amazed that he didn't cry at all while playing with Grandma Wang; normally he cries non-stop with strangers when I'm out of sight.
Grandma Wang asked us over for some of her handmade noodle dinner on our afternoon walk yesterday. When we got there, she had put a bowl of freshly made noodle in front of me and told me to eat without worrying about kid today, and she fed Andy. Both Andy and I gobbled down a bowl of noodle. It was so good! Pictures.

No comments:

Contributors