Monday, October 10, 2011

Masterpiece Mondays at Bellevue Art & Frame shop And Toy Place

 I've been taking advantage of the leave to do projects with Andy (when I have the spare energy).  I take him to Bellevue Art & Frame shop's "Master Piece Mondays" sometimes and have been completely fascinated by children's imagination and creativity.   Gertrude, the lady who runs the program is also incredibly patient and nurturing in leading children to try out new things and getting them to talk about their ideas.  I also have to highly recommend the shop as it has very thoughtful toys at reasonable price.
I first took both kids there when Daniel was 2 weeks.  We did acrylic painting.  I was so happy getting my painting fix too (been suffering from painting withdraw) and so impressed to see children's paintings so much more wildly creative than mine.  I love listening to them talking about their works.  This is one of Andy's paintings.
It didn't mean anything until Gertrude got Andy talk about what it was about -- Seahorse eating watermelon!
Today we did collage.  One girl said she was doing a monster in the garden and that might have influenced Andy's work: he said he was going to do a ghost.  Gertrude brought out some "plastic eyes" and Andy completed his work of "3 eyed ghost".
More of his works are here (will add more pictures as we go to more sessions).

Master Piece Mondays at BAF & Toy Place

No comments:

Contributors