Thursday, October 20, 2011

Plein Air at Night!

As crazy as this may sound, Andy has been painting out in the porch light for like 45minutes (it's 7:30pm and dark out).  He made one painting for me, and said he's working on one for Daniel and one for Matthew.  He instructed me to go out paint the trees across the street.  I thought it was crazy but followed his instruction anyways.  Inspiration stroke -- I found a scenery of beautifully back-lit fall colors!  I drew in excitement.  When Matthew came home, he was called to participate too as I wanted some reference photo of the colors (and then he got into shooting Andy painting).

We had talked about painting outside this afternoon on our morning walk to school.  It ended up late as usual (Andy wanted dinner first), so I thought we were going to skip it.  I'm so glad we didn't because now I got another painting idea in my head (so many ideas so little time).  At bed time, I have this ritual with Andy talking about most/least favorite/most grateful things/etc of the day.  I said I was most grateful that he got me out painting tonight.  And he said he's most grateful that Matthew took pictures of him painting.

See the "M" on the lower right corner?  Andy says this one is for mama. 


Contributors