Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holiday Parties

Andy has been busy attending parties lately. We went to Hong & Rusty's on Saturday night. They cooked up a storm. It was nice to see all the babies there.

Andy and I dropped my dad off at the airport on Sunday afternoon. A car ride always stops his crying, but this time he cried all the back from the airport. Dad said later that he was holding Andy's hand on the way to the airport so maybe it was partially because he felt the missing of grandpa on the way back.

We headed to my Snuggler classmate Nicole's Open House party directly after the airport. I fed him in the car before going in and that put him in a good mood at the party. It was very nice of Nicole to have invited everybody over. This was sure a party with the most babies I've seen. We had a good time socializing with other new parents.

Today we had our Snuggler class holiday party. I made a bunch of sandwiches using the nice Google breads (it's a shame they always let so much good food going to waste so I asked the server for some last night): chicken salad on Focaccia, and Turkey Swiss with pesto spread on potato roll. It fit perfectly since everyone else brought cracker, veggies and desserts. The teacher kept saying she couldn't believe I took the trouble to make the sandwiches. I was happy everyone liked it. Wendy, our teacher brought a photo album of a group of about 10 kids Christmas pictures. She became friends with a bunch other moms known from her Snuggler class and their kids became good friends throughout years. It was really cute to see how the kids grew gradually from the yearly photos. I asked about carrier since there doesn't seem to be one that Andy would be to be in for long. One girl Ashley helped me trying out her moby wrap, but that still didn't keep Andy for long. For some, this was their last class as they are 12 weeks (this is the 0-3mo Snuggler class). Andy would be graduating too when we come back from the holidays (no class next two Tuesdays). I volunteered to get everyone's email to start a group.

All the party pictures here.

No comments:

Contributors