Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week 10 Observations

* He is talking so much more now. He has learned to cry for attention (used to be for food or poop only). When he's in my office and awake, he makes sure I look at him often. When I make faces he would smile and make faces back or move his hands. See picture here, no posing. He was really like this a bigger part of the afternoon today when he's not eating or sleeping.
* He wants to be held a lot more now. Wendy, the Snuggler teacher said it's part of the phase.
* He uses his hands a lot more, waving fists and opening fingers.
* He starts to drool and sucks on hands more.
* He kicks stronger now, crawling like a fast worm.
* He's got a full set of eye lashes now (didn't have any when he was born).
* I've been breastfeeding straight with no formula supplement for a week now. It feels like learning to swing, took the body a while to get into the rhythm, but I think I'm finally over the initial hump now. When I went to the Nurturing Mom class last Thursday, I happened to be the only one that showed up (probably because of the rain). It was a breast feeding support group and the teacher was a wonderful nurse. I asked a ton of questions and she patiently answered and observed the feeding for an hour. I learned a lot about the science behind breastfeeding. She was really impressed that I turned corner on feeding since two biggest hurdles to breast feeding are starting on formula too early and going back to work. She encouraged me to stick with it (plug him onto you whenever possible as she put it). She also commented Andy seemed to be ahead of his development curve as he was making lots of sounds and held attention looking at people. I felt really good.

No comments:

Contributors