Tuesday, October 23, 2007

2 Weeks: a Warm Autumn Day (Fire Dept Visit, etc)

It must be the warmest and sunniest day so far this season! Andy and I took full advantage of it since it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

We called the fire department a few days ago and found out the names of the fire fighters who responded to the 911 call for Andy's birth. So I got a card, a letter, and a pan of carrot cake and brownies together for a visiting plan. After frosting the cake this morning, we headed to the fire department to deliver the goods around Andy's birth time 2 weeks ago. But we learned the officers were only going to be in tomorrow, so we dropped the stuff and went on for a walk in the park. We'll probably go again tomorrow to get a picture with the officers. I decided this is the best time for maternity leave since the fall is my favor season. The autumn colors is the most beautiful.

Shelly and I spent most the afternoon in the Snuggler class. Today's topic was on Diapering. I was surprised to learn a baby goes through about 8700 diapers and spends more than 25,000 hours in diapers! Disposables equates to one ton of soiled diapers for one baby! The "Go Green" themed teacher promoted cloth diaper (no more huge pins nowadays). I'm contemplating trying that. Check out his trial cloth diaper here.

After the hospital, I didn't feel like going home since it's so beautiful out, so started driving around randomly and discovered the "McAulife Park" (sp). It had a little playground area, and lots of lawn space with some very rusty archaic truck parts laying in the orchard. It would make really nice paintings. I'll have to go back there again. Andy dozes off on all walks so I just try to describe things I see to him, hope the Chinese tone make some impression on him.

In the evening, we all had another little walk in the park across the street. It was nice getting lots of fresh air! Then it was furniture re-arranging time since we moved everything out to the living room for the carpet installation last night. The place finally started to take shape.

p.s. I got Andy weighed while at the hospital. 6 lb 3 oz! He's catching up really fast (5 lb 11 oz last Wednesday).

No comments:

Contributors