Wednesday, October 17, 2007

First Pediatrian Visit

We had the first pediatrician visit today. He got weighed the first thing. 5 lb 12 oz, yes, he gained 1 oz! What a relief! The doctor was patient and attentive. She coached me on feeding. She kept commenting that he's got strong legs, "Did he kick a lot when you were pregnant?" "oh yeah" They poked his heel for some blood for the PKU (protein allergy related) test. Andy is like me when it comes to draw blood, not much blood flow, but hopefully he's not anemic. The nurse squeezed and squeezed, but very little was coming and slowly. She almost had to poked a second time to get enough. I found a scale in the hallway and found I was back to my regular weight. I sure had the easiest birth experience throughout.

We then stopped by my office to say hi to everyone. Andy behaved like an angel and slept the entire time (it's his usual mid day nap time). It's

In the afternoon, I tried out doc's strategy of feeding on both sides per feed. This seemed to be working. We want to fill him up every time, so he doesn't doze off and get hungry too soon. The idea is to turn him from a snacker to a solid meal eater so he sleeps in bigger chunk of time.

No comments:

Contributors