Thursday, October 25, 2007

First Shower, Art Connoisseur, etc (10/24 - 26)

10/24 Wednesday

Louise came to visit in the afternoon. She got Andy a very cute outfit and made me a pan of Tuna casserole. It was so good that I had 4 meals straight; now I'll probably have to start making it myself! We talked for quite a while. I always draw inspiration from her. She told me of this Art lecture on a painting "Rogier van der Weyden’s Descent from the Cross" in Madrid at Gage Academy tomorrow and she's going to Madrid this weekend so it's exciting to learn about it before hand. I was excited to go to the lecture too (it'd be Andy's first art education :)

I learned from my Snuggler class that babies like shower so decided to try it out especially since he hasn't had his hair washed since the day he was born (getting a little sticky oily)! Shower has become such a luxury as with sleep and many other things. Joe handed me the baby when I got done with my shower. Andy did like shower much better than bath. He liked warm water beating on his head and didn't cry the entire time (unlike the first bath home where he screamed so hard that we skipped the head)! His lanky body was still very pinkish. His feet dangled and kicked. I still find it amazing how it all fit in me two weeks ago!


10/25 Thursday

We had a 40min walk this morning, and he was wide awake for most of it surprisingly. He seemed to be fascinated by the clouds in the sky. Since we are not close to the lake any more (more east now), we are watching sun rise instead of sun set now. It was very pretty, we saw more and more clouds turning golden and pink gradually, lighting up the whole sky. It was all lit up by 8:20.

It was a busy morning. With the granite cutting (counter top installation), laundry, and my vacuuming, Andy managed to fall asleep solid after the walk and nth breakfast.

By the time the counter top people finished, it was way past 1. We rushed out the door but the art lecture at Gage was over by the time we got there. I haven't been there for a long time. They always hang new works along the long hallway so we perused the gallery hall slowly. Andy was amazingly attentive to all the paintings in the long hallway. His eyes were wide open, with that serious look from corner of his eyes and held his gaze quite long. He has that expression for some paintings (esp the African Violet) at home too. This was his first trip to Seattle.

It was so beautifully sunny, so we took the long scenic route home along the lake shore and stopped by the parks. Then I happened to find the best parking spot in downtown Kirkland, so that was my excuse to stop by the galleries. The Elka Roukov gallery was having a lot of David Marty landscape, lots of nice fall colors. And we visited Howard/Mandville and the Park Lane galleries. The toasty sun did its magic on him so he slept through all the Kirkland galleries.

The day wrapped up with a hair cut for Joe. It occurred to me that I'll have a new customer soon! The idea of this little visitor sticking around for the next 18 years is still slowly sinking in...


10/26 Friday

Today was the original due date that was predicted for Andy, but he decided he wanted to arrive sooner. He's changed so much since a couple weeks ago. The skin is looking much more ivory, grew some eye lashes, and big eyes are more brown than blue now. I could see he enjoys growing outside more than inside of me.
He likes the fresh air outside; sometimes it's the only way to calm him (and works as soon as we step out the door). He kicks so hard that I can't imagine how I could bear it if he were still inside right now.

A little city night life. Andy and I went to Gage again after we dropped Joe off at 24 Hours. I saw a poster at Gage for the "Final Friday Critique" yesterday; I've always wanted to go to that but never got my act together. Now that I'm on "vacation", I've got no excuse not to. It was a very nice little group of 6-7 people (open to public) tonight and one instructor. people bring in their work and the instructor organizes a discussion around it. I found it a very supportive group to get advice on your works. I got some good insights on the pieces I brought in and on painting in general. It definitely gives me motivation to do more work and come back next month. Andy dozed off a big portion of the lesson.

No comments:

Contributors