Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 10: Busy outings

Ann read about the "Baby day movie" in my blog and we decided to check it out on Friday. It was beautifully sunny in the morning and we met up at the Park Place cinema in Kirkland for the "Mike Clayton" movie. There were about a dozen others moms (and 1 dad) in that screen. I had to feed Andy in the beginning but then he slept through the whole movie. I was surprised how quiet the theater was during the whole course. There were intermittent baby noise of all kind but no loud long cries. We chatted a little after the movie, and by the time we left, we got caught in the biggest rain storm! We dashed across a block to work (I parked there), and went upstairs for bathroom. We were totally soaked. Andy got his first experience of Seattle rain (well, this is not quite Seattle style rain), luckily he was totally bundled up with blanket and hat so he didn't even notice. He finally woke up when we got to the cafeteria and started his cry for food again. when we got home, we found a nice surprise that Joe cooked up a couple dishes and a soup!

The rain died off. Andy and I went to Shelly's house to make a sling in the afternoon. The piece of cloth I found happened to be perfect size for 2 slings. Shelly taught me how to work the sewing machine and here is the first sling I made. Andy wasn't quite used to sitting in the sling yet. I discovered sewing is fun, I'm having ideas about other sewing projects already!

In the evening we saw a musical show and Andy behaved amazingly well, didn't make any loud noise. We tried out the pacifier for the first time. He took it for the first half of the show, but was still good without it the second half (slept through the most of it). On the way back, my milk was really coming for the first time. So Andy had a feast when we got home.

My friend Monica and Fei came to visit on Saturday. They have been really nice to me, giving me maternity clothing and now huge bags of baby clothing sorted by ages. Here are pictures of Andy with their kids Lawrence and Lily.

No comments:

Contributors